|P. A. Mohammed Riyas, CPI (M)|
Name: P. A. Mohammed Riyas
Age: 45 years
Date of Birth:
Birthplace: Calicut, Kerala
St. Joseph Boys’ Higher Secondary School, Kozhikode
Graduate from Farook College, Kozhikode
Law Degree from Government College, Kozhikode
Mohammad Riyas had started journey into the world of politics with student union of his College.
He is the President of DYFI. He has recently been inducted in the newly formed Kerala government under CM Vijayan. People are calling it a classic case of nepotism.
In 2009, Riyas had fought Lok Sabha election from Kozhikode. Unfortunate, he had lost the election by a margin of only 838 votes. The winner was Congress’ Raghavan.
He had won from Beypore Assembly Constituency in 2021 Kerala Assembly Election by a margin of more than 28k votes.
Father: P. A. Abdul Khader
Wife: T. Veena Vijayan
Bio and Wiki
PA Mohamad Riyas had come into limelight when he had married the daughter of Vijayan in 2020. He is the national president of DYFI. He had risen from the ranks of SFI and had struggled on road to make a mark for himself.
News and Controversies
- The induction of Mohamad Riyas in the cabinet has created a big controversy. However, in the national media, the main focus was the exclusion of K. Shailja, the maverick health minister.
- Riyas had married T. Veena, the daughter of CM Pinarayi Vijayan in 2020.
- Vijayan is quite old. And, hence, it is being said that Mohamad Riyas will become the defacto Chief Minister of Kerala in coming months.
- It is alleged that he had forced his wife to convert to Islam.
- He belongs to the powerful Mappila community and is an Ashrafi Muslim, an upper caste Muslim.
- His father was an IPS officer of Kerala cadre.